Footprint charts have become an indispensable tool for traders seeking a granular view of order flow data and market dynamics. Although TradingView does not offer footprint charts as a native feature, custom indicators developed by the TradingView community provide similar functionality.
This article explores the essentials of footprint charts and highlights two custom indicators on TradingView that bring this powerful analysis tool to your fingertips.
Understanding Footprint Charts
Footprint charts offer a unique perspective on market activity by visualizing traded volume, bid/ask orders, and order flow imbalances at each price level within a specific time frame.
By providing insights into the behavior of buyers and sellers, footprint charts enable traders to identify key areas of support and resistance and make informed trading decisions.
Footprint Chart Functionality on TradingView: Custom Indicators
While footprint charts are not natively available on TradingView, users can leverage custom indicators that replicate their functionality. Two notable custom indicators are “Footprint Classic” by Investor_R and “Footprint” by MarketWhisperer.
- Footprint Classic by Investor_R: This indicator analyzes volume data within candles, splitting it into Up volume and Down volume. It offers similar analysis to how Volume Profile evaluates volume data, providing valuable insights into market liquidity and trading activity.
- Footprint by MarketWhisperer: Developed by MarketWhisperer, this indicator provides real-time analysis of order flow data, helping traders identify potential trade entry and exit points. It visualizes volume imbalances and reveals key levels of buying and selling pressure.
How to Access and Use Custom Footprint Indicators on TradingView
Using custom footprint indicators on TradingView is a straightforward process:
- Navigate to the “Indicators” tab on the TradingView platform.
- Search for the desired custom indicator, such as “Footprint Classic” or “Footprint” by MarketWhisperer.
- Add the indicator to your chart and customize its settings according to your preferences.
- Analyze the chart and apply the insights gained from the footprint chart indicator to your trading decisions.
Strategies for Trading with Footprint Charts
Custom footprint chart indicators can be utilized in various trading strategies:
- Identifying Key Levels: Footprint charts reveal areas of high liquidity and trading activity, helping traders pinpoint potential support and resistance levels.
- Detecting Order Flow Imbalances: Significant discrepancies between buying and selling pressure may signal potential trend reversals or points of capitulation.
TradingView Subscription Discount
For those interested in exploring the benefits of footprint charts on TradingView, there’s a special offer available. New users can usually enjoy a 30-day free trial of the TradingView platform, along with a discount on their subscription using my link.
This is an excellent opportunity to experience the advanced charting features of TradingView and apply footprint charts to your trading.
Footprint Charts on TradingView | Bottom Line
Footprint charts are a valuable addition to any trader’s toolkit, providing unparalleled insights into market dynamics.
While footprint charts are not a native feature of TradingView, there are some similar custom indicators you can use. TradingView is also working on new updates, and the feature may be available in the future.
If you want to learn more about footprint charts and day trading, you can join the HaiKhuu Trading Community.
HaiKhuu offers live trading calls, daily morning reports, and an awesome community of traders to learn from.
Before you go
If you want to keep educating yourself about personal finance, you must check out these posts as well:
This article contains affiliate links I may be compensated for if you click them.